Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My thumb heals, I finally get around to playing BioShock

So. Because of some stupid football injury I got like a month ago, I was unable to play video games. Eventually earning the name "my zombie thumb," this jammed digit was swollen, inflexible and weak. Also quite painful. During its prolonged healing process, I downloaded Mega Man 9 and was able to just barely beat one boss before the dull realization that my left thumb was simply not capable of joystick manipulation. Some weeks later, my GameFly Q stagnating, the thumb was earning its keep at work, assisting in the lifting my pointer finger had taken over in the meantime. I actually became quite skilled at clawing things between my left index and middle fingers, my thumb dangling sadly.
ANYWAY - my long lost copy of BioShock arrived after spending 13 pretend dollars, Bank of America bucks, and I was back in the game. Wish I played this one sooner - it's simply fantastic. Again, me being new to the whole FPS thing, I prefer them with some weird qualifier. Like Portal and its unique classification as a First Person Puzzle Horror Comedy, or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, because it is a Metroid game, hardly an FPS. BioShock fits into this well. Already I see it as more of an environmental mystery atmospheric artistic achievement. I hope to beat it soon, because I just want to appreciate it real fast and get it the hell out of the way, so I can make way for other things- like finishing Watchmen, starting the new Silent Hill, and living my awesome life, one mindboggling event after another. Kind of. But not really. Bring on Dead Space. And Left 4 Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment